DIAG4ZOO provides a precise and highly sensitive nodavirus detection service. Based on the one-step RT-qPCR technique, this service is a valuable asset in the technical and operational arsenal of aquaculture production management, farm surveillance and epidemic management.
This service offers numerous advantages for aquaculture stakeholders, not only in terms of biosecurity and sustainable farm management, but also in scientific terms (transmission dynamics, monitoring of strain evolution, and development of new treatments) and economic terms (guaranteeing the good health of farms leads to economic stability and market satisfaction).
Nodaviruses, dangerous pathogens for many aquaculture species
In the realm of aquaculture, the vigilant surveillance of pathogens is essential to maintain aquatic populations and aquaculture production, and thus secure the industry’s future. Nodaviruses, a group of RNA viruses, pose a threat to a variety of aquatic species, as these pathogens induce viral nerve necrosis (VNN) and cause substantial economic losses for producers. Nodaviruses affect several species, including salmon, sea bass, sea bream, shrimp and sea cucumber.
Precise, early and rigorous detection of Nodaviruses
DIAG4ZOO provides an exceptional service for the precise, early and scientifically rigorous detection of nodaviruses. Based on the one-step RT-qPCR technique, this service offers remarkable advantages for the aquaculture sector.
The One-step RT-qPCR is a molecular biology technique that operates at the genetic level, enabling highly sensitive and specific detection of RNA-based nodaviruses in the aquaculture farms.
The characteristics of the one-step RT-qPCR technique are as follows:
- Targeted RNA amplification in one step: this is the key step in the analysis, enabling the detection of Nodaviruses, even in minute quantities, and ensuring that even the slightest viral presence does not go unnoticed.
- Rapid results: PCR analysis generally takes 1 hour, so results can be delivered quickly, enabling immediate assessment of the presence of pathogens and the implementation of any necessary actions to eradicate them or limit their spread.
- Accurate, species-specific analysis: the one-step RT-qPCR test has been meticulously designed to target nodaviruses precisely, virtually eliminating the risk of false positives or negatives, and guaranteeing data reliability and business continuity.
- High throughput: The approach developed by DIAG4ZOO enables the efficient processing of large numbers of samples, making it suitable for routine surveillance and epidemic management.
Early detection for informed action
The rapid Nodavirus detection capabilities facilitated by DIAG4ZOO’s one-step RT-qPCR technique have important scientific implications and practical benefits for aquaculture.
- This approach is a cost-effective strategy for stakeholders, as rapid detection enables aquaculturists to intervene in farms in a targeted manner, reducing the need for costly large-scale treatments and limiting production losses.
- This technique improves farm biosecurity: In the event of nodavirus presence, aquaculture facilities can confidently apply rigorous biosecurity measures, effectively protecting themselves against nodavirus introduction and reinforcing their reputation as suppliers of disease-free seafood.
Advancing Scientific Understanding
Beyond its diagnostic benefits, DIAG4ZOO’s nodavirus detection service serves as a cornerstone for scientific research and development.
- Transmission dynamics: By detecting nodaviruses early and thoroughly, researchers gain valuable insights on virus transmission patterns, enabling the development of strategies to interrupt the infection cycle.
- Evolution analysis: Tracking the evolution of nodavirus RNA strains facilitates the adaptation of prevention and control measures. The data generated enables the development of vaccines and treatments capable of combating emerging viral variants.
- Customized solutions: In-depth knowledge of nodaviruses enables aquaculture operators to collaborate with experts and design customized solutions adapted to their particular challenges.
Promoting the sustainability of aquaculture
DIAG4ZOO’s nodavirus detection service, based on the one-step RT-qPCR technique, is intrinsically linked to the principles of sustainable aquaculture.
- Reduced dependence on antibiotics: Epidemics often require the use of antibiotics, which has consequences for the environment. Early detection of nodavirus reduces dependence on these interventions, allowing operations to be aligned with environmentally-friendly practices.
- Economic stability: Ensuring healthy farms means a constant supply of seafood products, contributing to economic stability and meeting market demand.
- Consumer confidence: Sustainability and absence of disease in seafood products are information sought by consumers. DIAG4ZOO’s nodavirus detection service gives confidence to the various players in the chain, from producer to consumer, in terms of product safety and quality.
Detecting nodavirus using the one-step RT-qPCR technique: an asset for managing aquaculture production
DIAG4ZOO’s nodavirus detection service, based on one-step RT-qPCR technique, is a valuable asset in the technical and operational arsenal of aquaculture production management. Its capacity for early, accurate and scientifically rigorous detection of nodaviruses enriches the sector by protecting farms, promoting research and enhancing sustainability. The adoption of this service by players in the aquaculture world will be a decisive factor in tackling nodavirus-related challenges with remarkable determination and insight, and in developing scientifically, economically and environmentally.
PS : DIAG4ZOO also offers a Nodavirus kit